Wondering where to get started learning WordPress? There are a million ways to go, and I’ll try to clarify your options based on your preferred learning style, from free to expensive, with a preference for local Minneapolis-St. Paul options.
In-Person Group WordPress Training Classes in Minneapolis
While the in-person WordPress training offerings vary by month, here are some of my go-to resources – keep in mind that these in-person options are very limited due to Covid-19:
- Minneapolis-St. Paul WordPress User Group Meetups (Free!)
- Minneapolis Community Education ($179)
- AGI Training (Starts at $695)
- The Mighty Mo! WordPress Training (Starts at $200)
1-on-1 WordPress Training (e.g. Train on your website with your to-do list as a guide!)
- The Mighty Mo! 1-on-1 WordPress Training ($1500 for 3 1-on-1 workshops)
- WizzyWig Design Website In a Day (Starts at $500)
Online General WordPress Training Videos (e.g. Watch them edit a generic WP website)
- Free Beginner WordPress Class By Email (Free)
- Lynda.com (Free through Hennepin County Library if you live in the district!) [direct link to Lynda.com]
- Free Code Camp
Free WordPress Resources
- MSPWP Google Group (ask your specific WP questions)
- MSPWP Slack channel(ask your specific WP questions)
Let me know if you know of a resource that belongs on this list.
More posts from themightymo.com
Today I had an issue where I needed to merge two folders, each of which contained many sub- and sub-sub folders that had lots of images. After a lot of trial-and-error and some Googling, I found the best solution is to use the “ditto” command in Terminal like this: That’s it! Hat tip to AppleInsider.
I wasted some time today to bring you (dum dum duuuuum!): Some Surprising Trends in Website Development!
I was recently asked to look into creating some secure http headers as well as forcing a website to load over TLS1.2+. Below are my “how to” instructions for updating these settings within WordPress and Cloudflare. Install & Configure the Cloudflare WordPress plugin. Make sure an SSL Certificate is installed on your host for your…