You’ve paid someone to build a WordPress website. Awesome! … but now what?
Solution: WordPress Training For Nonprofit Teams
We know that nonprofits have unique needs. Whether you need in-house website updates, in-house blogging knowledge, or in-house knowledge of how to edit your WordPress website, our WordPress Training For Nonprofits curriculum has you covered.
A small investment of your time can bring invaluable knowledge to your organization for months and years ahead. Forget the need to hire an expensive web developer to update your website!
What You’ll Learn
- Ability to add and update page content such as photos, text, links, headlines, videos, and more!
- How to add social media links and “Share” buttons to your site.
- Learn how to connect your website to your Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts.
- How to auto-post to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Understanding of website hosting – What is it? Where to host? Pros & cons of different hosting options.
- Knowledge of different design processes.
- An understanding of plugins, themes, and widgets.
- How to manage a blog.
- How to update your menu.
- Options for mobile and responsive websites.
- How to customize your home page.
- How to navigate the conundrum of “everyone wants their stuff on the home page”.
- How to meet the needs of stakeholders (funders, board, etc.) while maintaining the integrity of your website.
- WordPress SEO best-practices
- WordPress Social Media best-practices
- Local SEO best-practices
What You’ll Get
- The tools you need to make your website work for you!
- Curriculum tailored to WordPress
- Customized curriculum based on your needs
- Pre-training assessment phone call to tailor the training to your needs
- Free website diagnostic analysis.
We’ve got your back! We’ll be there with you when you get back to your desk. (NOTE: additional fees may apply)
- Phone calls
- Community forum
- 24/7/365 Training Videos
- Have no fear! We are there with you.
- Don’t worry about breaking your website – we’ve got your back!
- Greater Twin Cities United Way
- General Mills
- CoCo Collaborative
- Minneapolis Community Education
- College of Visual Arts
- Hennepin County Technical College
About Our Instructor
We believe in community involvement and engagement. As such, we have a rigorous vetting process for our instructors that includes not only skills-testing but also a proven track record of community engagement.
- Toby Cryns is the Minneapolis-St. Paul community’s best-known voice for WordPress community engagement.
- Toby is a contributor to both the WordPress and BuddyPress projects and actively builds WordPress themes and plugins for big and small companies and non-profits.
- Toby’s free WordPress plugins have more than 50,000 downloads (some might even be running on your site right now).
- Toby founded and co-manages the Minneapolis-St. Paul user group and has served on the planning committee for both WordCamp and WordUp.
- Toby is a contributor to numerous community events around town.
- Toby is also a sought-after teacher of technology, specifically WordPress.
- In addition to teaching at local colleges and via Minneapolis Community Education, Toby has led workshops for nonprofits, for-profits, agencies, and everything in between.
Date, Time, Location, Cost
WHERE: Our office in either Downtown or Uptown Minneapolis
WHEN: Call or email for dates & times
COST: Ask (group pricing available)
Want to learn more about this unique and valuable WordPress offering here in Minneapolis? Just call 612-293-8629, email [email protected], or use the quick form below.