Recently I had to connect a WooCommerce store to Quickbooks Online.
The solution was straightforward – use Zapier. Here is a high-level overview:
- Create a WooCommerce trigger every time an order is placed.
- Use the Quickbooks Online action to search for the user and create a Quickbooks Online user if it doesn’t already exist.
- Create a Formatter action to get the order total minus taxes. (We do this because WooCommerce & Zapier are idiots when it comes to taxes.)
- Create a Formatter action to get the total taxes. (See note in #3.)
- Create a Quickbooks Online action to create the sales receipt.
That’s it! See screengrabs & notes below.
- This Quickbooks Online verbiage took me a while to understand… In Quickbooks Online, “Sales Receipts” are for automatic orders that are processed by your WooCommerce website. “Invoices” refers to when you create the invoice manually in Quickbooks Online and click the “Send to Customer” button in Quickbooks Online.
- As you see above, taxes doesn’t quick work properly. My solution above is definitely a hack. Please let me know if you figure this tax puzzle out!
More posts from themightymo.com
How to install a Cloudflare SSL certificate on Siteground
Hey there! In this video, I’ll show you how to install a Cloudflare SSL certificate on your SiteGround website. I’ve noticed that Let’s Encrypt sometimes doesn’t renew properly due to conflicts with Cloudflare, so this is a great solution. We’ll use TCwebsecurity.com as the guinea pig. I’ll walk you through the process step-by-step. Once we…
How to Download a Website from Wayback Machine
Today I ran into an issue where a bunch of website files were deleted off the server, and I was called upon to restore the old files. After first pursuing other options (e.g. backups), I landed on Wayback Machine as the next best choice. Thankfully, there’s a handy command line tool for downloading any site…
My WordPress Maintenance Process
A few quick things: My WordPress Maintenance Process Demo, Part 1 Transcript: You’ll see immediately after logging in, you see the 11 updates needed as well as some messages. I’m just gonna quickly read. It looks like this. I don’t need to worry about. Are you enjoying Monster Insights? Not really <laugh>. What’s to enjoy…