Recently I had to connect a WooCommerce store to Quickbooks Online.
The solution was straightforward – use Zapier. Here is a high-level overview:
- Create a WooCommerce trigger every time an order is placed.
- Use the Quickbooks Online action to search for the user and create a Quickbooks Online user if it doesn’t already exist.
- Create a Formatter action to get the order total minus taxes. (We do this because WooCommerce & Zapier are idiots when it comes to taxes.)
- Create a Formatter action to get the total taxes. (See note in #3.)
- Create a Quickbooks Online action to create the sales receipt.
That’s it! See screengrabs & notes below.
- This Quickbooks Online verbiage took me a while to understand… In Quickbooks Online, “Sales Receipts” are for automatic orders that are processed by your WooCommerce website. “Invoices” refers to when you create the invoice manually in Quickbooks Online and click the “Send to Customer” button in Quickbooks Online.
- As you see above, taxes doesn’t quick work properly. My solution above is definitely a hack. Please let me know if you figure this tax puzzle out!
More posts from themightymo.com
Mark Gason Papervision 3D Presentation at FlashMN
I am liveblogging from Mark Gason’s presentation at FlashMN. These are my notes. Check out Mark’s page of resources. It contains links to tutorials as well as all sorts of other Papervision 3D-related stuff. http://gasolicious.com/flashstuff/PV3D_presentation.html Swift 3D is better than Papervision 3D in some ways: – You can model in Swift 3D, but AutoCAD also…
Reorganize Your WordPress 2.7 Admin Panel with Fluency 2.0
Yesterday I discovered the new Fluency 2.0 plugin for WordPress 2.7. It does a fantastic job of cleaning up the admin interface and makes the back-end WordPress experience much better for users.
We Now Offer Search Engine Optimization!
We have just teamed up with one of the web’s finest search engine optimization gurus, Greg Cryns, and will now be offering his services to you, our customers! For you, our customer, this means that we now have added expertise in driving targeted traffic to your website. Greg has over a decade worth of search…