I’ve received a lot of questions over the last couple of months about weird things happening on their WordPress sites:
- Weird errors
- Broken stuff
- Pages not loading
- Blog posts going missing
- E-commerce products breaking
- New interfaces to add text, photos, videos, etc.
Most of these errors are due to the brand new editor WordPress forced upon us in November, without your consent, and likely without your knowledge by the WordPress Core developers. (i.e. These problems are likely plaguing millions of websites right now.)
How to Solve WordPress Issues:
- Install the Classic Editor Plugin. This is the simplest solution, will make most/all issues go away, and will bring back the old editor you know and love! A few clicks, and you’re done! I highly-recommend this option as a short-term fix. Reply to this email if you’d like help making this switch.
- Fix the website bugs caused by the new editor, and then learn how to use the new WordPress editor.
- Do nothing. Always an option…but not necessarily the best one. 🙂
Let me know if you have questions,
More posts from themightymo.com
Today I ran the SEM Rush Log File Analyzer tool, and it showed some interesting things that are a complete waste of our Google Crawl Budget. Specifically, I learned that Google is wasting some of our crawl budget on the /wp-includes/ directory, certain plugin directories, and cache directories. I also noticed random files being crawled…
In the vast, evolving world of web development and analytics, keeping up with terminologies and tools can sometimes feel like trying to chase a mischievous cat in a maze. You think you’ve got a grip, only for it to slip right through your fingers! Enter the mysterious “Measurement ID” from Google Analytics 4 (GA4), a…
Yesterday I ran into an issue where I needed to convert .aiff files to .mp3. DBPowerAmp was recommended to me as a paid GUI tool. But I wanted something more lightweight, since this is a task I rarely need to do (most of the time, I’m already in Logic Pro, and exporting is simple there).…