I’ve received a lot of questions over the last couple of months about weird things happening on their WordPress sites:
- Weird errors
- Broken stuff
- Pages not loading
- Blog posts going missing
- E-commerce products breaking
- New interfaces to add text, photos, videos, etc.
Most of these errors are due to the brand new editor WordPress forced upon us in November, without your consent, and likely without your knowledge by the WordPress Core developers. (i.e. These problems are likely plaguing millions of websites right now.)
How to Solve WordPress Issues:
- Install the Classic Editor Plugin. This is the simplest solution, will make most/all issues go away, and will bring back the old editor you know and love! A few clicks, and you’re done! I highly-recommend this option as a short-term fix. Reply to this email if you’d like help making this switch.
- Fix the website bugs caused by the new editor, and then learn how to use the new WordPress editor.
- Do nothing. Always an option…but not necessarily the best one. 🙂
Let me know if you have questions,
More posts from themightymo.com
GoDaddy owns ManageWP, and, strangely, they make it very difficult to add GoDaddy-managed WordPress sites to their ManageWP service. Thankfully, there’s a quick workaround: Visit https://yoursite.com/wp-admin/plugins.php?showWorker=1 — This will make the ManageWP “Worker” plugin visible. Copy the connection info from the ManageWP Worker plugin. Add the site per-normal on ManageWP. That’s it! I hope this…
I realized this morning that my TMM Maintenance Mode WordPress plugin had a bug that was causing the wp-login.php page to be inaccessible. The solution was to write a simple function that checks whether or not we’re currently on a login page, and then add a call to that function in my code. Here’s the…
Today I updated a WooCommerce site, and everything worked fine, except for the images on product pages – they were not displaying at all. After a lot of trial & error, I realized that WP Rocket was to blame. I’m not sure exactly what the issue was (though my hunch is that it had to…