I have spent the last 6 hours figuring this out, so I hope y’all can save yourselves some headaches by way of this post.
When using the User Activation Keys plugin and trying to “approve” an account, my BuddyPress site was giving me this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_page_title() in /home/
bp-themes/bp-default/header.php on line 9
It turns out that the plugin was incorrectly displaying the activation url. To fix the issue, I had to edit the plugin file, ds_wp3_user_activation_keys.php, which is in “wp-content”–>”plugins”–>”user-activation-keys”.
Change line #73 to this:
approve | delete unused key';
More posts from themightymo.com
Today I checked the “proxy” box for a website on Cloudflare, and I got a “ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS” error when I visited the website. The solution to this issue is simple: Click the “SSL”->”Overview” menu option in Cloudflare. Select the “Full (Strict)” option. Wallah! Done. Is this helpful? UPDATE: I learned that there is also a free…
How to solve Local WP’s “Error in query (1153): Got a packet bigger than ‘max_allowed_packet’ bytes”
I was trying to import a 115MB database via Local WP’s Adminer tool, and I kept getting the following error: After a lot of trial and error, the solution was to: Update the “max_allowed_packet” variable in Local Sites->[site name]->conf->mysql->my.cnf.hbs to max_allowed_packet = 1000M Add/update the “max_allowed_packet” variable in Local Sites->[site name]->conf->php->php.ini.hbs to max_allowed_packet = 1000M…
I was tracking down some strange inode action on a shared hosting provider today and discovered that Divi WordPress theme created 70,000+ unnecessary inodes. As you can see in the inode count in the above screengrab, Divi theme created over 70,000 inodes in a temp folder above the web root. For comparison, this WordPress install,…