I have a custom WordPress plugin in zip format, and I’d like to update it on my website without a lot of work.
Thankfully, it’s actually simple!
How to Update WordPress Plugin from Zip File
- Install & activate the Update Theme & Plugins From Zip File WordPress plugin.
- Go to your plugins page in WordPress.
- Click on the ADD NEW button.
- Click on the UPLOAD PLUGIN button.
- Click BROWSE and choose your zip file you downloaded.
- Click the INSTALL NOW button.
Is this helpful?
More posts from themightymo.com
Go to phpMyAdmin. Go to the “wp_options” table. Search for the field named, “active_plugins”. Edit the “active_plugins” field. Delete the value/contents of the “active_plugins” row. Save. That’s it! All your plugins are now deactivated!
Websites have multiple layers: Domain Registration When you register a domain, you pay someone ~$20/year for a .com domain. Registration means you are leasing the domain for a year or more. A domain is the “yoursite.com” or “yoururl.net” or “yourorganization.org” that people type into their browser. We use services like Namecheap, Dreamhost, and GoDaddy for…