I have been struggling with how to integrate a site-wide search on a WordPress MU site for a few days. I tried One Search, wpSearchMu, and a couple of others, but I could not get any of them to work. Finally, I installed Donncha‘s WordPress MU Sitewide Tags Pages plugin.
The install process is simple (just click the check box at the bottom of your “Site Admin”–>”Options” page and then click the “Update Options” button). From there, I had to add the following code to my template files in order to pull the search from the “site wide tags” blog:
More posts from themightymo.com
use a plugin to do a bunch of optimizations on this site, but for some reason, the preloading of fonts is broken. So I rolled my own font preloading function and placed it in my functional plugin (You could also put it in functions.php). Here’s the code.
Beaver Builder doesn’t give you an interface to change the background color of the sticky menu after scrolling. Here’s a simple bit of CSS that can help.
Today I decided to invest 1 hour optimizing themightymo.com. Below are the actions I took along with the results. Speed Benchmarks and Initial Observations Before starting on today’s speed optimization, Google Pagespeed Insights scored us as a “44”. There’s some files loading from the wp.com cdn (e.g. Jetpack’s cdn) – Google is penalizing me for…