Peter Fleck and I are going to be rocking the WordPress Geekout at MIMA Summit in just a few minutes. The format will be wide-open discussion and sharing of WordPress fanciness.
While we hope that the crowd generates most of the content of the session, we have some ideas on the backburner just in case discussion needs a kickstart. Here are some fresh WordPress ideas for you to take a look at:
- Geolocation in posts and Geolocation themes and Geolocation in WordPress on the iPhone and Geolocation Plugins
- Geolocation for SEO (Google cares about Geolocation)
- WordPress/BuddyPress Analytics (Heavy Analytics for BuddyPress)
- Custom Field awesomeness (example)
- Custom Menus (in WordPress 3.0+)
- Community Sites using BuddyPress (examples)
- PHP Info plugin (Good for figuring out how your server is configured)
- Google Calendar Widget
More posts from themightymo.com
Today I had an issue where I needed to merge two folders, each of which contained many sub- and sub-sub folders that had lots of images. After a lot of trial-and-error and some Googling, I found the best solution is to use the “ditto” command in Terminal like this: That’s it! Hat tip to AppleInsider.
I wasted some time today to bring you (dum dum duuuuum!): Some Surprising Trends in Website Development!
I was recently asked to look into creating some secure http headers as well as forcing a website to load over TLS1.2+. Below are my “how to” instructions for updating these settings within WordPress and Cloudflare. Install & Configure the Cloudflare WordPress plugin. Make sure an SSL Certificate is installed on your host for your…