What we might cover
- How many people have a website or blog?
- Brainstorm ideas for websites. What do you want your website to do?
- WordPress as a CMS
- Examples: GBSSA.org, TeamUpMn.org, Letronica.com (http://www.letronica.com/content/), cryns.com
- Switching WordPress from a Blog to a CMS
- Photo Gallery: http://www.cryns.com/category/photos/
- Post by email
- iPhone Application
- Cool Plugins: Podpress (search Minnov8 on iTunes), WP Shopping Cart (cryns.com), CForms II (http://www.dogooddiapers.com/sign-up/), Subscribe2 (http://blog.cryns.com/subscribe/), NextGEN FlashViewer (http://shabushabu-webdesign.com/wp-plugin-nextgen-flashviewer/), Ozh’ Click Counter, Viper’s Video Quicktags, All in One SEO Pack, flickrRSS, Twitter widget, WP Page Numbers,
More posts from themightymo.com
Websites have multiple layers: Domain Registration When you register a domain, you pay someone ~$20/year for a .com domain. Registration means you are leasing the domain for a year or more. A domain is the “yoursite.com” or “yoururl.net” or “yourorganization.org” that people type into their browser. We use services like Namecheap, Dreamhost, and GoDaddy for…
A while back, I started using WPMUDEV’s Defender Pro plugin for security on all my WordPress sites. I made a decision this week to switch to WordFence. The conversation was forced on me, because I had a site using Defender Pro that was hacked. I do not blame Defender Pro for the hack, however, this…