Whether you run a WordPress community with 1,000 members or a WooCommerce store with 100,000 orders, sometimes for testing you want to change all the account emails to something like “email@example.com”
After all, you don’t want to accidentally send a test email to all those users!
How to Change All WordPress User Emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
Run the following SQL query on the database for recent versions of phpMyAdmin:
UPDATE `wp_users` SET `email@example.com'
Run the following SQL query on the database for earlier versions of phpMyAdmin:
UPDATE wp_users SET firstname.lastname@example.org'
This will set all WordPress users’ email addresses to “email@example.com”.
How To Update All WooCommerce Order Email Addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are using WooCommerce, do the above and THEN do this for newer versions of phpMyAdmin:
UPDATE `wp_usermeta` SET `meta_value` = 'email@example.com' WHERE `meta_key` = 'billing_email'
If you are using WooCommerce, do the above and THEN do this for older versions of phpMyAdmin:
UPDATE wp_usermeta SET meta_value = 'firstname.lastname@example.org' WHERE meta_key = 'billing_email'
Pretty nifty, eh?
More posts from themightymo.com
GoDaddy owns ManageWP, and, strangely, they make it very difficult to add GoDaddy-managed WordPress sites to their ManageWP service. Thankfully, there’s a quick workaround: Visit https://yoursite.com/wp-admin/plugins.php?showWorker=1 — This will make the ManageWP “Worker” plugin visible. Copy the connection info from the ManageWP Worker plugin. Add the site per-normal on ManageWP. That’s it! I hope this…
I realized this morning that my TMM Maintenance Mode WordPress plugin had a bug that was causing the wp-login.php page to be inaccessible. The solution was to write a simple function that checks whether or not we’re currently on a login page, and then add a call to that function in my code. Here’s the…
Today I updated a WooCommerce site, and everything worked fine, except for the images on product pages – they were not displaying at all. After a lot of trial & error, I realized that WP Rocket was to blame. I’m not sure exactly what the issue was (though my hunch is that it had to…