This article by HowToGeek does a wonderful job of outlining how to run Minecraft mods. The stuff I’m writing below is basically a summary of that article.
- In Terminal, run the following command to install qt5-default:
sudo apt-get install -y qt5-default
- Download and install MultiMC.
- Log into your Minecraft account inside MultiMC
- Click “Add Instance” in MultiMC.
- Right-click on the instance you created in the previous step and select, “Edit Instance”. Then click “Install Forge”.
- Download mods from CurseForge (the files should end in “.jar”). Add them by going to “Edit Instance”->”Mods”->”Add” in MultiMC. NOTE: Make sure you are downloading “mods” and not something else – this tied me up for a while, as I was downloading .zip files and not .jar files.
- Launch Minecraft in MultiMC
More posts from themightymo.com
We are pleased to release our newest Flash design for Jeff Dunn Photography! Working with our friend, Nick Bilyk, we designed and created a one-of-a-kind web experience for well-known photographer, Jeff Dunn. This new online experience features stunning transitions and accents that place Jeff’s photography front-and-center, right where it should be. It also features a…
As part of our summer celebration, we want to offer you this package at a great price: $499 – WordPress blog or website – Theme customization – Hosting for a year – Domain registration or transfer This is a great deal for anyone looking to get started with a great website! Contact us today!
Hello! I am excited to introduce “TheMightyMoo!”, our first WordPress theme template available for free download and public consumption! YEAH!!! HUZZAH!!! *celebration* To see it in action, visit Net Impact Minneapolis and TobyCryns.com. Here is a screenshot of the default installation: TheMightyMoo! is a fully-customizable accordion theme that uses the MooTools framework to display posts.…