Today I ran into a frustrating issue where a simple “get_posts()” query was not working in a custom widget. The query worked fine when embedded into the page template.
The solution was actually quite simple – calling global $post; before my query in the widget did the job!
Movin’ on up!
More posts from themightymo.com
Today I had an issue where I needed to merge two folders, each of which contained many sub- and sub-sub folders that had lots of images. After a lot of trial-and-error and some Googling, I found the best solution is to use the “ditto” command in Terminal like this: That’s it! Hat tip to AppleInsider.
I wasted some time today to bring you (dum dum duuuuum!): Some Surprising Trends in Website Development!
I was recently asked to look into creating some secure http headers as well as forcing a website to load over TLS1.2+. Below are my “how to” instructions for updating these settings within WordPress and Cloudflare. Install & Configure the Cloudflare WordPress plugin. Make sure an SSL Certificate is installed on your host for your…