FYI, This is a quick summary of a longer and more in-depth article that can be found here.
6 FREE & Quick Digital/Business/Website Wins You Can Achieve Today!
- Get a quick, cheap website from Google via Google My Business.
- Local SEO via Google My Business: It’ll take you 10 minutes, and you’ll show up higher on mobile searches! FREE! Quick!
- Email List: Start building your email list! Get a free Mailchimp.com account, then copy-and-paste the “signup” embed code into your WordPress site. That’s it!
- Google Analytics: Create a free Google Analytics account, install the free Monster Insights WordPress plugin, configure the plugin in your WordPress, and rock on!
- Install & Configure the free Jetpack WordPress plugin. Activate just about everything it offers to improve page speed, functionality, and security.
- Install & Configure Yoast SEO WordPress plugin. This does all the basic stuff that Google asks of us.
More posts from themightymo.com
A while back, I started using WPMUDEV’s Defender Pro plugin for security on all my WordPress sites. I made a decision this week to switch to WordFence. The conversation was forced on me, because I had a site using Defender Pro that was hacked. I do not blame Defender Pro for the hack, however, this…
use a plugin to do a bunch of optimizations on this site, but for some reason, the preloading of fonts is broken. So I rolled my own font preloading function and placed it in my functional plugin (You could also put it in functions.php). Here’s the code.